delicious vanilla cupcakes! and photos for the how-to!
1. this recipe calls for a mix of self-raising flour and all-purpose flour. so i didn't need any baking soda or salt.
2. my room temperature unsalted butter. cream until light and fluffy.
3. this is my creamed mixture: butter, white sugar, eggs, vanilla. mix until light and smooth.
4. i combined the flour mixture and milk into the wet mixture. make sure you don't overmix it here. i am showcasing my beautiful williams-sonoma lemongrass spatula. :D and my favorite tool for distributing the batter into the cupcake tins: full ice cream scoop and a spoon.
5.all evenly distributed among the cupcake tins. (altho. i always have batter left over so i always need to bake another half batch. i hate this, but i don't like overfilling the cupcakes because they won't look nice and neat.)
6. yumyumyum! golden and fragrant, right out of the oven. (you can see the little holes i poked from testing for doneness. i use wooden shishkabob skewers. hehe)
7. nice even size. :) but this time the cupcakes itself turned out a little floppy on the top. but they tasted and felt totally normal!
8. my beautiful cupcakes frosted! i forgot to take the photos for the frosting part. but i make my frosting from scratch as well. i added a little red food coloring to give it a nice tinge of pink.
...and here they are! beautiful vanilla vanilla cupcakes!