very beautiful batter. it was very very nice to work with. :)
the first batch in the oven, i sort of over baked -- i followed the instructions and did 15 minutes. but that's way too much! i was busy washing the dishes, i didn't pay attention. 11-13 minutes seems enough for these cookies.
these were way better. :) yummmmmay!
Double Chocolate Cookies
makes about 3 dozen
recipe from i love milk and cookies
1 cup all-purpose flour
½ cup unsweetened Dutch-process cocoa powder
½ tsp baking soda
½ tsp coarse salt
110g bittersweet chocolate (60-70% cacao)
110g milk chocolate, coarsely chopped
110g cup unsalted butter
1½ cups sugar
2 large eggs
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
• Preheat oven to 180°C degrees.
• Whisk together flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt; set aside.
• Melt bittersweet chocolate with the butter in a small heatproof bowl set over a pan of simmering water; let cool slightly.
• Put chocolate mixture, sugar, eggs, and vanilla in the bowl and mix until combined.
• Gradually fold in the flour in two batches until just incorporated.
• Fold in chocolate chunks.
• Using a 1½-inch ice cream scoop, drop dough onto parchment-lined baking sheets, spacing 2 inches apart.
• Bake until cookies are flat and surfaces crack, about 15 (i recommend 12) minutes (cookies should be soft).
Let cool on parchment on wire racks.